Monthly Archives: August 2015
Sewer repairs can add up if you’re not careful. So you want to be sure you do everything you can to keep your sewer system in good condition. Here are a few tips on how to keep your sewer system in topnotch shape from the sewer repair professionals at Gene’s Water & Sewer. And any time you need sewer repair in Richmond MN and the surrounding areas, call us for help!
- Get your septic tank pumped regularly. Scum and sludge can build up in your septic tank and carried out to the drainfield if it is not pumped out of the tank on a regular basis. The drainfield will then clog and not allow the wastewater to be properly treated. That wastewater could form a pond in your yard, and that could lead to costly sewer repair and other problems.
- Make sure you use water efficiently. Wastewater should not flow in and out of your septic tank too rapidly: this could cause problems that will need sewer repair, like solids remaining in the wastewater moving out of the tank and into the drainfield, which could then clog it. You can spread out your water usage. For example, wash only one or two loads of laundry a day. Or you can install low-flow water fixtures, low volume toilets and more. You should also fix any leaky taps or faucets too.
- Make sure the only items that are flushed down the toilets are human waste and toilet paper. Your septic tank and sewer system are designed to handle these two items and that is it. Do not flush tissues, paper, food, hair or anything else that could cause clogs and back-ups.
- You should take a few precautions to protect your drainfield. Never connect “clear water wastes” (like your roof drains, water softener or anything like that) to your septic system. Make sure water runoff is diverted away from the drainfield too. Be sure that driveways, sidewalks and patios are not constructed over the drainfield either.
- Do your best to keep pesky critters like groundhogs and rabbits from burrowing into the drainfield. Also, do not plant a garden or any deep-rooted plants, like trees, over the drainfield.
Do you want more information on sewer repair in Richmond MN and the surrounding areas? Call us at Gene’s Water & Sewer at 612-781-3737 or you can contact us to get your Free Estimate.
Your home’s sewer system is one of the most vital systems in your house. After all, it is what gets rid of human waste, so you want to be sure the system is always in good working order. Thankfully, there are several steps you can take in order to be proactive about your sewage system and avoiding sewer repair in your Fridley MN home.
Get a regular inspection
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! And a routine sewer system inspection can help you save time, money and hassle on sewer repair in the long run. No matter how long you have lived in your home, make sure you get your sewer system looked at by the professionals at Gene’s Water & Sewer on a yearly basis. We can come out and take a look at things to make sure there are no cracked or damaged pipes or other components. And if there are, we can let you know right away and take care of the sewer repair for you.
Clean your sewer pipes
Your sewer pipes should also be cleaned on a regular basis as well – usually every year or two. This is especially important if your sewer pipes have had problems with clogs in the past. This is another great way to take a more proactive approach in avoiding sewer repair.
Get repairs done as soon as possible
Do you have a leaky faucet or another small plumbing problem? Get it repaired as soon as you notice it is happening. Small plumbing problems can easily turn into larger ones before you know it. Again, taking a proactive approach to these types of problems can help save you some money and stress in the long run. Small plumbing problems can sometimes turn into large and expensive sewer repair problems.
Get some landscaping work done
Trees and other large plants grow extensive root systems that bury down into the ground and break through sewer lines. This can cause clogs and a host of other sewer repair issues like cracks.
Be careful what you flush
The only two things that should ever be flushed down your toilets are human waste and toilet paper. Make sure you and your family do not flush anything else besides those two things.
Would you like more information on sewer repair in Fridley MN? Then call Gene’s Water & Sewer at 612-781-3737 or contact us for a Free Estimate.